Assist young males (grades 6th – 12th) to accomplish their goals, develop leadership skills, take responsibility for their actions and contribute to the success of their communities. Assuring their confidence to handle the day-to-day challenges by providing the necessary tools for personal growth and development for social emotional, and economic opportunities. In addition, we are a program of educational and occupational guidance of youth, primarily inspirational and informative in character. We place the training experience and friendly interest of successful men at the disposal of the youth needing inspiration and counsel regarding their choice of a life’s career, and to arouse the interest of the entire community in the problems of youth as they seek to realize lives of usefulness.
To empower young men to go out into the world with confidence, respect and a will to work hard to achieve their goals.
Goals & Objectives
- Self-Identity and Purpose (e.g.; discipline; assurance; confidence; social/emotional development; awareness; appearance; etc.);
- Training (e.g.; study skills; time management; leadership; organization; etc.)
- Competition (e.g., politics; debate; spoken words; sports; etc.)
- Social Development (e.g., religion; the Arts; entertainment; conversation-communication; learn by interaction; doing & group dynamics, etc.)
- Health Education (e.g., physical fitness; sex education; drugs; health & safety; etc.)
- Economic Empowerment (e.g., stock market; fundamental of banking – earnings, savings, spending; cash vs. credit, etc.)
- College and Career (e.g., academic readiness; high school and beyond; career day; college admissions; financial aid workshop; survival skills, etc.)
- Increase the participation of KL parents and CPSS members
- Maximize opportunities to increase GR scholarship awards
- Establish and maintain a Guide Right Accession Plan
Funded by Kappa Community Development Foundation, Inc. 501 (C) 3 Public Charity